Our Medical-Legal services are tailored to meet all the requirements of attorneys and law firms across the U.S. and
can be further customized as per the demands.
Our Demand Letter Drafting Services can bring about a positive and beneficial impact in providing excellent
services to your clients.
A powerful Demand Letter promptly sets across to persuade another party to resolve a legal dispute without a trial.
At Neural IT, a Demand Letter is drafted by Legal and Medical Professionals with an impression that will speak volumes, including a resolution over the legal dispute.
A Neural IT settlement demand letter is a perfect solution to set things right in court cases. A powerful well-written settlement demand letter can lead to an out-of-court settlement of the dispute. Problems are addressed in a more probable way for the clients giving them a good chance to avoid the ensuing legal fees and the harrowing court visits. Chances of filing a lawsuit are reduced by the subtle undertone of a Demand Letter. Challenges are galore while drafting an invincible demand letter. Neural IT can help you overcome this challenge. The following discussion can help you understand the benefits of assigning demand letter drafting to Neural IT.
Parts of a Settlement Demand Letter
When constructing a demand letter, the layout is important but so too are grammar, spelling, and attention to detail. Make sure that all parties mentioned in the letter have their personal or business names correctly spelled and that the document in professional-looking and error-free.
It’s also good to use approximations when discussing events to account for generalities, slight measurement differences, and the tricks that your mind can play on you during times of stress. For example, while a car wreck may have occurred at noon exactly by your vehicle’s clock, another vehicle or security camera may say 12:02, leading to potential inaccuracies the defendant’s lawyer could exploit. Use phrases like “about”, “on or around”, or just “approximately” when needed to allow for a factual account with some leeway for discrepancies.
Demand Letter Heading
The heading of your demand letter should explain the relationships between involved parties and their identities. It should include your name, address, and a date for the letter. If sending to an insurance company, you would include their name, address, and a line directing the personal injury demand letter to the attention of an adjustor by name and title if one has been assigned to your claim. Next will be the name and address of the at-fault party, including their policy number and any claim number if the letter is going to their insurance carrier. End your heading by stating the date and type of injury and plainly that this letter is being issued only for settlement purposes so that, if you are forced to sue, it cannot be used to “cap” your compensation.
The Introduction, Accident, And Injury
A simple introductory preface followed by a brief description of the accident and injury should open your letter. This should include a broad outline of the accident’s location, time, and the parties involved. You’ll follow this paragraph with a short description of the damages. This opening section sets the groundwork for the details to follow.
Basis For Damages
The lengthiest section of your letter will layout your claim in detail. Start by providing background context, then descriptively walk the reader through the accident. Afterward, you will need to detail the injuries and/or property damage you’ve suffered as well as the actions you’ve taken to repair those damages and return to your previous lifestyle. Finally, you should state your reasoning for why the defendant was directly responsible for causing these injuries to you. Keep this information descriptive but factual, as you will need to attach documentation to your personal injury demand letter to back up your statements.
Now that you’ve provided the description of the accident and its aftermath, it’s time to make your demand for compensation. Start by listing the specific and documented damages first. This can be the cost of repairs to your property, medical care for yourself, and lost wages from your recovery time. Next, you’ll ask for general damages, such as pain and suffering or emotional distress, restating your justification for the amounts you’ve asked for.
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Lastly, close out your personal injury demand letter with a final restating of your case distilled down to a single sentence and a timeline before ending it professionally but cordially. Advise them documentation is attached, sign your settlement demand letter in black or blue ink, and make two copies
Mail one copy to the insurance company (or defendant if no insurance company is involved) via the United States Postal Service’s certified mail, return receipt requested service. This ensures tracking and provides not only proof of mailing but also proof of delivery. When you receive the delivery receipt, attach it to one copy and keep it for your records. The third copy will be your “working copy” to use when speaking with an adjuster, negotiating a settlement, or to take notes on as needed.
In-house Demand Letter Drafting Challenges:
- High Legal Costs:Personal Injury law firms are witnessing a higher number of cases being filed making it necessary for them to allocate more resources and cost towards investing in administrative needs, infrastructure expansion, and legalizing the documentation targets. Drafting a personal injury demand letter by an in-house team of paralegals and legal staff can be costly, ranging between $50 -$500 per hour. This is a huge amount compared to what one would have to pay while outsourcing to Neural IT. Thus, demand letter drafting via a third party can prove to be essential and tangible.
- Time Consideration:In a disorganized and haphazard working environment, more time is channelized behind the paperwork of critical projects. The in-house legal workforce finds the entire process of drafting documents like personal injury demand letters extremely draining and time-consuming since it involves looking through every minute detail of the injury claims followed by proper medical records or bills organization.
Advantages of Neural IT Demand Letter Outsourcing services:
Outsourcing settlement demand letter drafting for personal injury law cases to a highly skilled team of legal experts and paralegals of Neural IT has the following advantages:
- Professional Quality:Legal outsourcing can help you by providing a professional output matching your expectations. The demand letters are readable, polite and professional and following template adopted by your firm as the process is carried out by vastly skilled legal and medical professionals.
- Reduction in Cost:Neural IT works on significantly low costs compared to the in-house cost and can still provide the best service. This substantial cost saving would allow you to focus on other core-operations of your law firm.
- Time Management:Outsourcing the tasks like drafting demand letters for motor vehicles accident cases to Neural IT can get you the time-zone benefit for any urgent requirements.
- Competitive Work Flow:With an outsourced team acting as your extended arm handling demand letters drafting services for you, you get a competitive edge to your legal processes as compared to your direct competitors.
- Medical facts Research:Our people interpret all the difficulties in complex medical records. With our workers, we entirely do all researches and groundwork in optimizing and reviewing the medical records.
What will our demand letter package cover?
- Summary of facts describing the incident
- Discussion and confirmation of accident liability
- Past and present medical expenses
- List of medical service providers and statement of medical treatments (including ICD 10 Codes)
- Detailed description of injuries, pain and suffering
- Past medical and surgical history
- Summary of future medical recommendations and expenses
- Impact on activities of daily living
- Exhibits comprising of –
- Treatment/Diagnostic/Surgery records from hospitals and medical service providers
- Medical bills with date, treatment codes and final amounts
- Images and other details related to the incidents.
- Suggested Future expenses
- Travel time calculations
- Lost income statements
- Property Damage calculations
- List of Missing bills and medical records
Neural IT offers the best service for drafting demand letters for personal injury law firms and lawyers, at substantially low prices. Our team at NeuralIT works hard to help our clients achieve maximum outsourcing benefits and help to a maximum extent for the clients.
Neural IT Demand Letters to More Than One Insurance Company
In some cases, more than one business or individual can be liable for the injuries indicating that more than one insurance company might be involved to settle the claim for the injured party. In the process of drafting your demand letter, a notification may be received at your end from one or both insurance companies indicating the primary coverage party- the one which will settle the claim - and the excess coverage party. Your demand letter needs to be sent only to the primary company.
In cases where one still hasn't received a notice of primary coverage when the demand letter is ready- two demand letters can be prepared- each drafted to the particular liable conduct of that company's insured. A response should be expected after sending these demand letters indicating which one assumes the responsibility of primary coverage. According to the response, that insurance company will be addressed for further negotiation. Neural IT can help law firms or attorneys to draft demand letters at a reasonable price.
Neural IT Demand Letters When More Than One Person is Injured
Every individual injured in an accident in which other people were also involved will have to file a separate claim against the responsible parties or insurance company. The number of demand letters needed to be drafted depends on the relationships among the injured people.
If many individuals of the same family get injured in the same accident
since the same insurance company for the other party will have to be addressed by all injured- information on all claims can be included in one demand letter- the accident details to be described once followed by detailing each person's injuries, treatment, medical expenses, and demand for compensation in separate sections of the letter. It is usually observed the insurance company will want to settle all the claims at the same time.
Accident involving unrelated individuals
in this case, separate demand letters will have to be drafted by individual parties of those injured. Those injured can surely work together to gather details, records, amount to be demanded, and demand letter preparation. However, the insurance company will treat the demand letters received separately.
A Powerful Well-Drafted Demand Letter:
- Should be the perfect legal remedy to resolve a dispute out-of-court.
- Should have a polite yet formal tone in getting the desired response from the addressee.
- Should aim in settling the matter to avoid the ensuing cost of legal fees and the added burden of court visits.
Hurdles Faced While Drafting A Demand Letter In-House:
- Time factor
- Rising legal expenses
- Maintaining a quality benchmark
- Compelling and thoughtful end result
- Ability to negotiate an early settlement
Benefits Of Outsourcing Demand Letters:
- Cost optimization
- Reduced court trips
- Competitive edge in your work
- Professional touch in your demand letters
- Time zone advantage for pressing legal projects
An 'All-In-One' Demand Letter Package
A well-drafted Demand Letter with:
- Incident description with images
- State-specific case laws and statutes
- Liability clause
- Injuries and medical treatments
- Diagnosis of injuries with reference to ICD-10 Codes
- Medical illustration
- Economic & Non-economic losses
- Property damages
- Total damages summary table
- Closing paragraph
A Settlement sheet comprising of:
- Medical bills provided by the hospitals with date, purpose of visit, and amount
- Mileage expense: Details of expenses incurred due to visits made to medical facilities
- List of providers, insurance details, and final settlement amount
A Hot Sheet covering:
- Past medical history
- Past surgical history
- Missing records are relayed back in the form of notes post the demand letter package
- All relevant records are chronologically arranged, bifurcated, and synchronized with the demand letter content.
We follow ICD-10 Codes for diagnosis of injuries while drafting a Demand Letter
Why Outsource to Neural IT?
1. Turnaround Time & Time Zone Advantage: The time-zone difference is a key advantage benefiting our clients as well as us. It enables better utilization of resources, which, in turn, saves costs and gives more solid revenue generation opportunities for the clients.
2. Pricing & Refund Policy: Our pricing starts @ $65 to draft a 100-page assignment into a Demand Letter and $0.60
per additional assignment page.
You can try free samples to get a glimpse of our work, before opting for our services.
After opting for our services, if you happen to change your mind at any given point of time during the tenure of the contract, we will refund the balance amount.
3. Client Format: One of our core competencies lies in the ability to deliver completely customized demand letters as per the client's template. We also have a wide range of 'state-specific' demand letter template, spanning nearly 30 states across the U.S.
4. HIPAA/ISO Accreditation: We give utmost importance to the security of sensitive health records and personal information provided by our clients. We are HIPAA compliant and ISO 27001:2013 certified company with ISMS certification.
5. Technology Support: Our complementary feature is a web portal 'Entrust’ that accompanies our services. With Entrust, our clients can manage invoices, track assignments, upload documents, and can access anytime anywhere. Clients also receive customizable reports with statuses to determine progress.
6. Skilled Legal & Medical Professionals: We have highly skilled legal and medical professionals who are well acquainted with U.S. law practices.
No. A Demand Letter can only set a tone for settlement negotiation.
Our pricing starts @ $65 to draft a 100-page assignment into a Demand Letter and $0.60 per additional assignment page.
Less than a week, it depends on the length of the case.
Yes, our team can customize the demand draft as per your instructions and prepare a Demand Letter.
We will refund your balance amount if you choose to discontinue using our services for any reason.
Confidential information of your clients is secure with us. We are ISO 27001:2013 Certified and HIPAA compliant.
You may opt to try our services for free and arrive at a decision. We provide the first 2 cases as free samples.